Emotionally Focused Therapy is a ground-breaking, structured approach to individual, couple, and family therapy developed by Dr. Susan M. Johnson, founder of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT). It reflects the most recent research on the nature of individual and relationship distress, adult love, and emotion. Now being taught globally, EFT is one of the most empirically supported models of couple therapy and is a must-know model whether you are working with couples, individuals, or families.
- Develop an understanding of the framework and principles of EFT.
- Conceptualize mental health issues and couple relationship distress through an attachment lens.
- Gain compassion for yourself and your clients.
- Learn new skills to start using immediately.
- Engage in experiential exercises that demonstrate the power of the model.
- Evaluate whether you want to pursue becoming an EFT therapist.
Approved by the New Mexico Psychological Association for 12 CEs.
Together, we’ll be reminded of the power of simply being with our clients and each other in emotionally attuned, caring, and sensitive ways. You’ll leave seeing your clients and yourself more clearly, and have the tools to work more deeply and effectively with your clients’ issues.
EFT is for all of us. We celebrate diversity and strive to be a more inclusive community.
If you have questions about bringing this powerful workshop to your clinic/staff or want to learn more, please contact Tahlia Rainbolt, Ph.D. 505 989 3340